Joel Harden MPP / Député, Ottawa Centre

Government of Ontario

Tax Clinics

Come to our office for assistance with filling out your tax returns. We will be hosting tax clinics on 

  • Saturday, April 6th from 10 AM - 6 PM 
  • Monday, April 8th from 4 PM - 8 PM 

The clinics will be held at 464 Metcalfe St. No appointment required, you will be helped on a first-come first-serve basis. 

You can register below to let us know you are coming! 

Once you have registered, here is what you need to bring to your appointment: 

1. Social Insurance Number (SIN)

2. Your income slips from all your income sources (e.g. T4 slip for employment, T5007 slip for OW or ODSP)

*If you do not have these slips, you can call the CRA to request a new copy. The new copies will be sent out by mail within 2 weeks. The CRA can be reached at 1-800-959-8281.

If you rent your residence: you must bring a letter or receipt from your landlord that states 
• Your name
• The landlord's name and contact information
• The address of the place you are renting
• The number of months you have lived at this address
• The amount of rent you paid to the landlord during the year
****We cannot claim your rent amount in your tax return without this letter or receipt!****

If you own your own home, you must bring your property tax bill from the City of Toronto (or other municipality).
****We cannot claim your property tax in your tax return without this letter or receipt!****

If you were new to Canada in tax year we are filing:
• Exact date of arrival in Canada
• The total amount of money that you earned in 2018 before you arrived in Canada

If you have children in your custody: 
• Names and dates of birth for any children under age 19
• Receipts for childcare expenses (must include caregiver’s SIN)
• (2017 only) RC-62 information slip if receive the Universal Child Care Benefit, receipts for any children's fitness or arts classes

If you are a Student (post-secondary): 

• Receipt for tuition fees (T2202A form – usually accessed through your online student account)
• If you received OSAP loans, this does not count as income and does not need to be claimed in the tax return
• If you have started repaying any OSAP loans, bring your interest slip (receipt showing how much you paid).

If you have any deductions to claim: 

• Transit/Presto passes (must bring in actual passes or PRESTO Usage Report).
• Medical expense receipts.
• Charitable or political donation receipts.

April 06, 2019 at 10:00am - 6pm
Office of Joel Harden
Joel Harden · · 6137226414

Will you come?